*For your safety, please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, hard candy, gum or prescription medications, unless ordered by your surgeon.
- Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery. You may brush your teeth or use mouthwash, however, please remember not to swallow any of the water.
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, from midnight to the time of your surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. If you forget to follow this instruction, it may be necessary to postpone your surgery.
- Refrain from smoking after midnight before your surgery.
- Please arrive at the facility as instructed. This is necessary to complete the admitting process and allow time for consultation with a surgeon and anestesia prior to surgery.
- Notify us if you have any change in your health such as a cough, fever or a cold.
- Leave jewelry and other valuable items at home for safekeeping. You’ll be asked to remove contact lenses, dentures or other prostheses when you dress for surgery so please bring any necessary cases with you.
- Wear casual, loose fitting clothing.
- Have a responsible adult accompany you to your surgery and drive you home.
- Please bring a state-licensed ID, insurance card(s), copies of referrals, and any deposits or copays with you.
- Please bring a written list of medications including dosages with you.
If the patient is a child:
- One or both parents or guardians must remain at our facility during the surgery.
- A parent or guardian must sign permits for surgery.
- Guardians must bring written proof of guardianship on the day of surgery. Without this documentation, the surgery may be delayed.
- Please feel free to bring a toy or item of comfort.